What does TES Teach in the classroom (Blendspace) aim to achieve? Technology has the unique ability to strengthen the relationship between teachers and their learners. When effectively integrated into the learning process, technology can help teachers grow into advisory and coaching roles for their learners.
What is TES Teach in the Classroom (Blendspace)?
Tes Teach Blend Space is an online tool that teachers can use to create online classrooms. This virtual tool integrates technology into the classroom while allowing better collaboration and communication between teachers and their learners. Blend Space creates tremendous benefits like eliminating the possibility of students losing their papers, forgetting when their assignments are due, or missing lessons due to school absenteeism.
Besides its benefits to the students, Blend Space also benefits teachers in many ways, especially when creating lesson plans for the online classroom. For instance, Blend Space allows teachers to share learning materials with other users like students and fellow teachers.
How it works
Basically, Blend Space allows the user to bundle information from a myriad of resources, including but not limited to the following: Google, DropBox, Google Drive, Gooru, OpenEd, YouTube as well as files stored in the computer.
Think of Blend Space as a means of creating a virtual database that is accessible to multiple users. It comes with a very simple insert or drag and drop type of interface that makes it easy and efficient to pull the resources together. All the user has to do is click on new lesson, name it, and begin inserting and sequencing resources in the tile spaces.
How it’s used
Blend Space, as already mentioned, provides many possibilities to teachers and learners alike. Teachers can use it to curate resources and flip the classroom. There are similar tools out there, and regardless of what you use, having one in place to organize your resources is truly a great idea.
So how do you choose the right tool? How do you know which one to rely on? Knowing how other teachers are using tools like Blend Space is tremendously helpful when choosing the right tool to integrate into your classroom.
Let’s check out a few ways TES is used in the classroom
1. Upload lessons
Blend Space is an excellent way to avoid fumbling with flash drives or losing precious classroom time opening your emails for attachments. This is because all your learners’ projects can be added using their URLs or uploaded into a single lesson. Once a lesson has been uploaded, only one lesson will be opened at a time to display the learner’s work for the rest of the class to enjoy.
1. Flip classroom
Blend Space can be used to flip the classroom and save that precious classroom time for learner interactions and engaging activities. It is also great for getting the learners to work independently while teachers facilitate their activities to provide one-on-one feedback to their learners.
Through the TES Resources tab teachers can use Blend Space to create and share lessons with students through direct links or class accounts. Regardless of how you share the lesson, students have access to additional resources that can help them broaden their skills outside the classroom, at their own convenience, using the devices at their disposal.
This implies that learning, in ideal circumstances, can take place anywhere at any time. It is all about the student’s convenience and this is one of the best things about technology and applications like Blend Space. It can also be used by both teachers and learners for handling presentations, favorite web tools, as well as other personal work. Blend Space makes it easier for teachers to share ideas with colleagues and prepare more enriched learning materials for their students.
Useful tips when classroom flipping
- Target your resources to address the source of your learners’ confusion
- Engage your learners in high-level thinking (discuss what-if scenarios, topic analysis, problem-solving, and a summary of key ideas)
- Assess your learners’ understanding of the most important points of the topic
- Challenge learners with more rigorous examples, tasks, and problems
- Help learners who need it with more practice
3. Lesson creation
Blend Space makes it easy for teachers to build lessons for any levels or disciplines. All the teacher has to do is identify a topic and by using available TES Resource tools like Educreations, Google Search, Dropbox, Google Drive, or uploads from the computer, put together a lesson. Through a central place, students can access resources, and submit their assignments for evaluation and feedback.
The teacher can add boxes, move items around, and put the lesson together in the shortest time possible. Blend Space is a great resource for sharing information, monitor lesson progress, and achieve much more, all online. These are some of the reasons why Blend Space is increasing in popularity.
Ideas to create interactive lessons with TES Teach (Blend Space)
- Integrate your lessons with real-time interaction
- Get creative with your discussion boards
- Maximize engagement with non-task interaction
- Have a clear plan
- Employ multiple communication tools
Other benefits of TES Teach (Blend Space)
Other benefits and advantages:
- Being able to create multiple quizzes throughout your lesson bundle in order to assess your learner’s comprehension. Blend Space can also help you GRADE your questions. Take advantage of Google Forms or Word documents to include open-ended or more involved questions.
- The teacher can set up lessons as the students create their own accounts. Once the students have created their accounts, it is possible for the teacher to TRACK what his students are working on. Students can also provide FEEDBACK and share resources with the rest of the class. Tracking enables the teacher to keep in touch with each student, where they are in the lesson, and what they need to complete the lesson successfully.
- Users can access Blend Spaces that have been set up by other teachers and students – as long as these Blend Spaces are made public.
Summary of TES – teach in the classroom
TES Teach, formerly known as Blend Space, is an online learning tool supported by the curriculum company known as TES Teach. It is designed to collect and bundle information for a multitude of uses. This tool is accessible to teachers and students. Blend Space’s primary goal is to enable teachers to keep in touch with their learners using multimedia outlets in an efficient and effective manner.
Are you a teacher? Do you need classroom funding? If so, sign up on Teacher Funder today!